Summary of Wind Farm Projects
New Zealand and Australia
We have been involved with a wide variety of windfarm projects throughout Australasia and have extensive experience and invaluable knowledge in the measurement, prediction and assessment of windfarm noise.
We are passionate about continually reviewing and developing our knowledge regarding the prediction modelling and potential noise effects of wind turbines. Our Wind Farm Working Group perform ongoing reviews of local and international guidance and research papers, with the intention of improving the accuracy and reliability of our noise impact assessment.
- Proven record of successful wind farm approvals.
- Extensive knowledge of the planning approval process and in the preparation of the range of documents for planning applications, presentation of expert evidence and public liaison.
- Project implementation by some of the most experienced acoustic consultants involved with wind farms developments in Australasia, encompassing specialist knowledge in measurement, modelling and preparation of planning documentation.
- Excellent personnel and technical resources to service a project's demanding time constraints, from planning through to commissioning.
- Assessment to ETSU-97 and international guidelines
- 3-D noise modelling using SoundPLAN
- Site assessment and prediction of turbine noise
- Noise limit derivation
- Noise measurement and impact assessment
- Long-term background noise monitoring
- Presentation of expert evidence at hearing
- Epuron Pty Ltd
- TrustPower Ltd
- Huruni District Council
- Meridian Energy
- Genesis Power
- Sinclair Knight Merz
- Unison Networks Ltd
- Acciona Energy Oceania Pty Ltd
- Pro Ventum International GmbH
- Westwind Energy Pty Ltd
- TME Australia / Gamesa Energy Australia
"I have no hesitation recommending Marshall Day Acoustics to other wind energy development companies for their noise assessment work."