Clear and intelligible speech communication is essential to the learning process.
Acoustic conditions in classrooms must support a wide variety of teaching methods. Speech clarity, noise intrusion and sound transfer are key areas of concern while specialist uses such as music and technology provide additional challenges.
Our services on educational projects include:
- Baseline noise and vibration measurements to assist site selection
- Control of internal sound transfer between teaching spaces
- Sound insulation design of building façades to protect from external noise sources
- Mechanical services noise and vibration control
- Acoustic design of specialist areas such as lecture theatres and performance spaces