Peter Fearnside is the CEO of Marshall Day Acoustics in Australia and has been responsible for the development of the company’s business in Australia, S.E. Asia and China.
A recognised expert in environmental noise impact assessment, Peter regularly provides expert evidence in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and at Panels Victoria.
Peter has extensive experience in the room acoustic design and theatre planning of performing arts centres, television, film and radio broadcasting facilities and specialist buildings. In 2011 he was on the jury to select the architect for the Cairns Performing Arts Centre in Queensland, Australia. Architects participating in the completion included Zaha Hadid and Shigeru Ban.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, City University, London, UK
- Fellow of the Institute of Engineers, Australia
- Chartered Professional Engineer, Australia 49318
- Fellow Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association
- Member of the Australian Acoustical Society